BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 28, 2011

Ending Seven

Okay, so number 7 doesn't end the first act, but it is the last song in act one. Well, where we had the intermission. The script doesn't actually have an intermission written into it.
Anyway, after "Tired," Jay announces another party for that night. Nathan argues with his parents over the phone, making for something of an awkward situation for the others. Everyone leaves but Nathan, Will, and Sarah. While Nathan sits at Simon's desk, Will and Sarah begin to talk:

7. We're Who I Am*

(spoken):
WILL
I'm just... I'm not the greatest when it comes to the little things in our relationship. I get stressed out, and maybe I'm not always as considerate as I could be... I often don't return your e-mails, or your voicemails, or your text messages... I've never remembered your birthday, or our anniversary... at parties I ignore you, and I flirt with other girls... or I go out without you and I come home drunk... and I never wanna cuddle--

SARAH
(cutting off WILL and the music vamp)
Will, stop. Seriously.

WILL
Sorry! I just wanna make sure it's not me you're tired of...

SARAH
(as the vamp starts up again)
Will

WILL
Yes?

SARAH
(sings)**
There must have been a time
When I kissed myself good night.
I try to think of it
But it doesn't quite ever feel right.

What was it
Like on my own?
Facing each morning alone
It wasn't long ago, I know.
And yet...

I don't remember.
We're who I am now.
Like I was
Born the day we met.
We're who I am.***

There must have been a time
When I turned around and you weren't there.
All that was guiding me
Were some daydreams and pieces of prayer.

What if our
Paths hadn't crossed?
Would I be
Wandering, lost?

Wondering what this empty life could mean?

I can't imagine.
We're who I am now.
No other
Way it could have been.
We're who I am.

(NATHAN looks up from the desk. He watches. SARAH continues, not noticing NATHAN.)

One day I disappeared.
It was scary and wonderful all at once.
I've vanished. There's only us,
And no way I could ever go back, 'cause

Who would I be then?
(WILL kisses her.)
And I don't know what I would do.
If there were no "I love you too."
I would be no one without you.
We're who I am.



*This song actually quite reminds me of "Under Your Spell," Tara's song in "Once More, With Feeling."
**When she first started this song, our Sarah was really quiet, which was a shame because she has such a nice voice. By January, though, she seemed much more confident, and had a much stronger voice.
***It seems sweet, but when you consider this side plot with her, Will, and Jay, it's actually a bit depressing.

0 comments: