BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

4444

Soon after, a game of Smash Fest (Super Smash Bros. without the copyright issues) begins, much to Simon's chagrin. A few of the boys express worry about Agnes busting the party, but Jay dismisses them. What he doesn't know, however, is that Agnes is outside, expressing anticipation for the same thing the others are expressing worry for, as well as... other feelings for Jay, in a song that quite reminds me of "Hellfire" from Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame (in general theme, not melody or specific content:

4. As Long As it Takes

AGNES
(Beginning with Agnes' March, as she sings along to it)
I hate Jay.
Oh yes. I really do.
I hate him.
Ha, ha ha you hear
That Jay? I'll get you
Soon. Hm! Hm!
Because I really... hate you...

(spoken)
So why can't I stop singing about you?*

(The music shifts, and AGNES' movement shifts with it. She begins singing and dancing beautifully.)
I don't know how you do it.
The charm, the grace, the style...
You haunt my dreams and it seems
Like every time you smile.
I can't control the lust in me
To get you into...
(uncomfortable pause)
...custody.*
So know no matter what or who you do.
For as long as it takes
As long as it takes
I'll be waiting here for you.

I can't get you out of my mind
It's the kind of a bind that could cause insanity
(gesture of insanity)
I back you into a corner
You wink and you wriggle away!
But I'm gonna fight till that one star-crossed
Night when I'll have you at last
And then I'll make you pay!

I know you think you're magic
And you might think so too.
Until today you've had your way
In everything you do.
So laugh at me and have your fun
But soon sweet justice will be done!
And till then I swear I shall not rest
For as long as it takes
As long as it takes
To end my glorious quest!


*On opening night, after she said that line, someone in the audience yelled, "No way!"
**This word was sung with a very... let's say sexy, exhalation. Kind of my favourite part of the song, mostly because of how it was delivered.

0 comments: