BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, April 9, 2011

No P

Here's a reprise (not a preprise; no P). After Jay leaves, Katharine comes in. She and Nathan talk a bit. He asks if she remembers when they me. She answers:

12A. Nathan and Katharine's Reprise*

(spoken):
KATHARINE
(laughing)
Wait, do you?

NATHAN
(playfully, flirtatiously)
I kinda, fell into-- which I'm... sorry about, by the way-- but--

KATHARINE
I remember.

NATHAN
(smiles. Music crescendos. He mocks himself, playinga game with KATHARINE, but with an underlying sincerity. Sings:)
There's something in your eyes...

KATHARINE
(playing a game with him too, says:)
You noticed I have eyes!**

NATHAN
I wonder what you're thinking about...

KATHARINE
You are such a dweeb.

NATHAN
Do you feel the way that I do?

BOTH
(leaning in for a possible**** kiss)
Guess there's only one way to find out...


*Remember Katharine's part in "How Amazing is This?" when Nathan was fascinated by some Cool Ranch Doritos? This is to the same tune.
**On our Saturday show, she followed that with, "...and not just boobs."
***Until this line, Nathan sings and Katharine speaks.
****It's only a possible kiss because, before they get there, Agnes barges or tumbles in, looking for Jay, and the music abruptly stops.

0 comments: