BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

H2H

Nathan finds Jay in his room. They have a heart-to-heart, like Eric and I used to have when he'd get drunk and come to my room. Then:

12. Reflection*

JAY
Dude.
All the girls wanna see me.
All the guys wanna be just like me,
Be around me, so yeah,
Whatcha heard is all true.

Sure.
I'm as chill as they make 'em.
Where's the party? I'll take right over.
Take the spotlight, 'cause hey,
It's me. It's what I do. And

Ooh, my life is pretty sweet.
But ooh, it's kinda incomplete
'Cause ev'ry night, once the magic show is through
There's still one more person that I wish I knew.
He's confiding in a freshman,
On a Saturday at a quarter after two.

NATHAN**
Yeah.
Guess my collar flips up now,
And a dollar means one more beer at
One more party,
Try to remember one more name.

JAY
Hey.
So you're learning the way to
Smile and say that you like Dave Matthews,***

NATHAN
You hate to study.****

JAY
It's not real, you know? It's just a game.

NATHAN
But now ooh, you're somehow not the same.

JAY
Ooh, not sure what I became

BOTH
Or where to go from here, 'cause this is how it's gonna be
Till I finally escape with my degree.

JAY
But for now I'll talk in monotone

NATHAN
Soaked in cologne

BOTH
At a quarter after three.*****

NATHAN
Na na na na na na na na

BOTH
Na na na na na na na na

Hoping to god we fit in okay, hell,
We started this act on the very first day.
Wondering who is this guy we're all trying to be
And what will he do to me?

Ooh, I think we all feel lost.
Ooh, beneath our loud Lacoste
Lies that little kid that we're all trying to ignore
Who hopes after college he'll be something more.

JAY
But he still fakes smiles and handshakes.

NATHAN
Still that guy who doesn't get it.

JAY
Just wants decent conversation,

NATHAN
Motivation,

BOTH
Aspiration.

JAY
Or just to disappear at half past four.

NATHAN
Na na na na na na na na

JAY
Na na na na na na na na

BOTH
Na na na na na na na na


*I'm told that Drew Fornarola and Scott Elmegreen wrote this song first, then built the rest of the show around it.
**Due to being sick and this song being at the end of the show, you could hear Nathan's voice starting to go (only the very slightest bit, here or there) by the end of this song. But only on opening night; the other shows were better. Especially considering he was still sick.
***Me too!
****Me too!
*****Apparently, this song has been going on for an hour.

0 comments: